Social Media Executive
Edinburgh | Marketing and TV
Becoming part of the People’s Postcode Lottery team!
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a forward-thinking, dynamic organisation where we understand that people are our greatest asset. Perhaps that’s why our team voted us one of the Sunday Times Top 100 small companies to work for in 2016! Our core values are fun, sharing, courageous and sustainable which are reflected in everything we do.
We recognise and reward hard work and performance, offering a variety of benefits and career progression opportunities. This includes a generous pension and private healthcare scheme, an above average holiday allowance, discounted gym membership and fresh fruit in the office! We encourage you to spend 2 days each year volunteering with our charity partners and we are committed to investing 4% of salaries into training each year.
What do we do?
- Work with the Social Media Strategy Manager and Social media executive on Social Media Strategy
- Work with the Social Media executive on community management
- Ensure a consistent tone of voice across all our social media channels
- Be a champion of everything social media
- Regularly report back to the business on Social Media performance
- Create, develop & manage innovative ideas to deliver cut-through and lead share of voice in the social sphere
- Working with the Digital design team to brief in required content, video and visual assets to support the plan.
- Manage the creation of content at events. Including sharing of content live and post event on all owned social media channels
- Support FB & IG Live for key events
- Use Social Listening tools to analyse results – closely monitor & quantify brand and competitor coverage
- Monitor any posts from customers and define a standard operating policy for responses
- Develop and monitor on a set of KPIs for measuring success
- Manage and grow the People’s Postcode Lottery social media communities on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram & others
- Keep up to date with the latest changes in social media so that People’s Postcode Lottery can take advantage of them
- A genuine passion for all things social media – being regularly active on at least one social platform with your own account and following
- Experience of managing social media communities on FB, Twitter, IG and YouTube
- Team player who fosters a strong working environment
- Strong communicator
- Multi-tasking, highly organised, excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work autonomously and to tight deadlines with regular updates to key stakeholders throughout the People’s Postcode Lottery
- Strong project management skills with the ability to influence and communicate effectively at all levels
- Proven organisational skills, together with the ability to prioritise and adapt within a changing environment
- Ability to show evidence of working in a fast paced and demanding workplace
- Highly creative and pro-active - proven experience with launch ideas, events and promotions and content creation
- Experience using Photoshop
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience of using social management/moderation tools such as Hootsuite, Tracx and Lithium
- Experience of using social listening to monitor performance such as Sysomos and BrandWatch
- Personal Attributes