IT Infrastructure Engineer
Edinburgh | Data Services
Becoming part of the People’s Postcode Lottery team!
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a forward-thinking, dynamic organisation where we understand that people are our greatest asset. Perhaps that’s why our team voted us one of the Sunday Times Top 100 small companies to work for in 2016! Our core values are fun, sharing, courageous and sustainable which are reflected in everything we do.
We recognise and reward hard work and performance, offering a variety of benefits and career progression opportunities. This includes a generous pension and private healthcare scheme, an above average holiday allowance, discounted gym membership and fresh fruit in the office! We encourage you to spend 2 days each year volunteering with our charity partners and we are committed to investing 4% of salaries into training each year.
What do we do?
The Infrastructure Engineer will work alongside our sysadmins, IT compliance, desktop support & software development engineers on BAU activities, as well as on some very exciting technology projects. To apply for this role you must be a self-motivated team player, while being autonomous enough to support the requirements of our various multi-disciplined, cross functional teams, their systems and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our company’s infrastructure architecture to support next gen products and initiatives for the cloud.
- Provide day-to-day operational service and support for data centre and network services
- Support third party vendors with the installation, configuration, delivery, maintenance and monitoring of components and services, in accordance with defined roadmaps, strategies, policies and standards
- Deliver data centre and network service requests and requirements, often collaborating with vendors where applicable
- Assist in the delivery of infrastructure development / build activities (in conjunction with Project Managers), including release and deployment management for new services
- Deliver service asset and configuration management for data centre and network infrastructure
- Implement capacity planning and availability management reporting for defined data centre and network services
- Monitor and report on performance for data centre and networks
- Provide assistance and technical support for the resolution of data centre and network problems, incidents, issues and emergencies
- Collaborate with vendors for resolution of issues / incidents
- Assist with support escalations to Original Equipment Manufacturer(s)
- Document data centre and network problems and resolutions for future reference
- Perform corrective procedures for prevention of loss or system recovery of data centre and network infrastructure
- Proven experience of providing 2nd/3rd line Infrastructure Service support for business critical systems in a major corporate environment.
- Experience implementing significant technology & Data Centre projects in a corporate environment.
- Ability to understand and translate business requirements into technology service developments and improvements
- Proven exposure to the management of 3rd party organisations in the delivery of technical projects
- In-depth knowledge of working within the controls of ISO 27001 and 27017 is essential
- Windows Server 2012/2016
- Windows Active Directory (AAD would be an advantage)
- IBM server technologies
- Brocades SAN technologies (fibre channel and iscsi)
- Cisco LAN technologies
- Common WAN technologies
- MS SQL
- VMWare ESX/VSphere
- PaloAlto/Cisco/Juniper Firewalls
- ITSM, preferably ServiceNow
- A foundational understanding of the DevOps culture
- Ideally holds a modern and up to date qualification in an IT engineering related subject
- Relevant, progressive professional Certification, e.g. Microsoft (Windows server/Azure), CCNA, VMWare vSphere, AWS etc.)
- ITIL V3 to at foundation level or above.