Edinburgh | Finance
Becoming part of the People’s Postcode Lottery team!
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a forward-thinking, dynamic organisation where we understand that people are our greatest asset. Perhaps that’s why our team voted us one of the Sunday Times Top 100 small companies to work for in 2016! Our core values are fun, sharing, courageous and sustainable which are reflected in everything we do.
We recognise and reward hard work and performance, offering a variety of benefits and career progression opportunities. This includes a generous pension and private healthcare scheme, an above average holiday allowance, discounted gym membership and fresh fruit in the office! We encourage you to spend 2 days each year volunteering with our charity partners and we are committed to investing 4% of salaries into training each year.
What do we do?
As we are currently undertaking a significant systems redevelopment this role would particularly suit an individual with the ability to understand complex systems and an interest in leading the design of new processes.
- Finance Team - To manage and develop the finance team to achieve improved efficiency, timeliness and quality of outputs ensuring they deliver a professional, high standard finance service to the business.
- To act as the finance product owner, ensuring best practice finance processes are incorporated into future systems development.
- Process improvements – To drive process efficiency improvements in the Finance team and in related operational processes.
- Performance reporting –review of the management accountants in reporting of monthly financial information and non-financial KPIs to the Board, Senior Management team and departmental heads ensuring that the information is timely, relevant, and accurate whilst supporting the organisation’s objectives.
- Budgeting – Supervise preparation of the departmental and consolidated budgets for the organisation within an agreed timetable. Proactively contribute to cost base reviews and scenario planning.
- Forecasting - Lead on the preparation of regular full year financial forecasts and individual departments, giving advice to Directors and senior managers on financially managing to achieve agreed targets.
- Business Partner – Provide comprehensive, proactive and value added finance support and guidance to the senior management team and Group Directors. Translate information in financial reports into actionable improvements to the financial efficiency the organisation.
- Financial Accounts – To manage the year end reporting process, including statutory accounts and audit to a high quality, ensuring that minimal accounting and disclosure adjustments are made to the proposed accounts.
- Technical and Tax compliance – To ensure that we comply with all necessary accounting technical standards and all relevant tax legislation, including Corporation Tax, Vat and PAYE/Benefits in kind.
- Accounting system – To effectively manage the Exact and e-synergy accounting system ensuring that it is well controlled and used to the maximum benefit to the organisation, fully utilising reporting functionality and minimising any duplication in MS Excel. Also to ensure that integration with online banking is well controlled.
- Financial strategy and modelling – continuous enhancement of medium and long term financial, commercial and strategic plans for revenue, profitability and investment costs to facilitate strategic decision making.
- Qualified accountant with proven experience.
- Ability to understand complex systems and processes.
- Excellent inter-personal skills and ability to influence both within and outside the organisation
- Experience of budgetary monitoring, business planning, forecasting and analysis, and management reporting
- Excellent excel and IT skills and understanding of financial systems and reporting tools
- Commercial acumen and an entrepreneurial mind-set
- Ability to communicate financial information to non-financial audiences
- Ability to take a structured approach to own workload and prioritise appropriately
- Experience of managing and leading teams